The Rules!

Want to see you show climb the ratings ladder and your cast gain A-List status? Produce a smash hit series with the new 7tv campaign!
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
Chilledenuff

Re: The Rules!

Post by Chilledenuff » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:57 am

Defence Values will now reach a cap of 6. Unless you can give me an extremely fluffy reason why your miniature is the toughness of a tank I'm afraid you will not be allowed to advance to toughness 7. I know the rules would generally allow this, however I'm adding a campaign rule. As I say I'm happy for fluffy reasons for toughness 7 (say for example you are a mutant with big sideburns and an adamantium skeleton) but your argument had better be pretty damn convincing

I'm afraid Nathan that this does mean you'll have to rethink any upgrades you've done as i won't allow Ninja Samurai who are invisible to be toughness 7. High Agility and Morale would make sense but the toughness of a tank? mmmm...no

The next rule I'm putting out to everyone taking part in the campaign (I'll post a poll imminently) would you prefer games to be of equal points values? As of game 2 there will be disparity between casts. It means that people with high cast ratings get to choose what they can take which is a real benefit, but means that people with small casts don't get disheartened by facing a (eg) 300 rating cast with 150 ratings.
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

Nathan Yates
Baby Muppet

Post by Nathan Yates » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:30 pm

Apart from the fact they are from an anime. Taking the likes of a tank shell to the face is a regular occurrence in anime. They are the main characters of my anime themed cast. If you don't want me to do this then fine. Ill just have to make them all strength 9 instead. With 7 hits each. At least let me finish my background before you condemn my anime cast to not being able to take a tank shell to the face and not care. Also defence doesn't only mean that a model is tough. Could mean they have tricks up their sleeve like being able to deflect shots or stop the attack dead in its tracks. Things that should be considered before a blanket ban.

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:54 pm

I'm trying to make the campaign more playable for everyone, not make your cast a scapegoat Nathan. You'll have seen how def 6 was a nightmare to get through (FYI a tank shell is s8 in 7tv) and as a result I have to draw a line somewhere. Pre campaign I should have capped it. I didn't realise just how maxed out some casts would be on defence. The blanket ban on def 7+ is across the board. I don't believe anyone is a tough as a tank.

With regards to strength/wound boons I don't have too many problems with that. Remember that wounds can never be more than double the base wounds for the archetype and stars can increase up to 2 stats to 10, any others (with the exception of defence) can have a max of 4 points added.

Also remember that after each game a star or co star can either upgrade one stat or gain a new special effect, or Gain Weapon attack or Improve weapon attack (page 12, SS)

DEF states 'the higher a model's Defence, the less likely they are to come to harm. Factors include their natural toughness, armour and thick skin or hide. Special effects such as invulnerable, dodge and the like refer to abilities to get around being hit

Look forward to the fluff, descriptions etc when they are available.

poi
Chief Muppet

Post by poi » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:35 pm

I've just found out what Nathan's cast was. Damn, I never want to play that! Def 6, Invisible, Teleport cannot be fun for any opponent. You want a reason for limiting Def? Balance.
Poi

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Poi has hit the crux of the matter. The campaign has to be fun for everyone involved. I realise some people enjoy writing the most powerful cast but remember that not everyone does, as such you need to consider them too.
I have to try and balance everything. If you ask the 2 people who lost on Tuesday I think they would both bemoan def6, let alone def 7!

porrter
Cinderella

Post by porrter » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Having a cast of prototype military grade robots I still can't see any reason for them to be over def 6
P.S dont eat the yellow snow

Return to “7TV Summer 2013 season”