Ancient Muppet

Re: Gojira's finest

Post by Rab » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:31 pm

what went wrong?

Rendorin
Ancient Muppet

Post by Rendorin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:33 pm

May I suggest a few options to a fellow WoC player. Forget the champions, will free up a few points. Rationale being each Warrior gets 2 attacks basic anyway which is bettter than all other options, with Mark of Khorne this will the be naturally improved.
Just an option to consider possibly...

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:55 am

Leadership tests and a small force went wrong! 3 models down and i'm taking a test, i'll do something to remedy this, possibly drop the champions but i want the theme of a band of hardened warriors who've fought thier way across the warhammer world, fits the fluff in my mind better (i'll try to commit fluff to a computer screen at some point). Just need to find some mounted samurai to represent knights (i hear they rock in this campaign :lol: )
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:48 am

Gojira Shinobi looked across at the corpses of his fellow warriors with a grin. They had all fallen in battle. Thier skulls would adorn the throne of thier lord for eternity. As his lifeforce ebbed away he reflected on the fact that it was bloodletters who had slayed them. Truly Gojira must be pleased with them to send his lesser brethen to claim them. As his sight began to fail he wondered why things were fading to green and not black, for a second he regained clarity and recognised the leering face of a goblin. Things went black....

So they're dead, they had an appalling run and have now been delivered to thier god. I'll let him decide wether thier skulls should adorn his throne or his privy. Suffice to say I'm returning to an army that I fully expect to loose every game :dance: Expect greenskin fluff here soon.. I may even paint up some new models especially for the campaign :D

phil
Ancient Muppet

Re: Waagh Legginittt!

Post by phil » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:53 am

Ergh, for some reason I was under the impression that once you'd picked an army, you had to stick with it for the duration of the campaign. If I'd realised that, I could have played already with a different army that's already painted and switched later, instead of holding out for O&Gs... d'oh!
-- Dutch --

poi
Chief Muppet

Post by poi » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:07 am

That was certainly the intention, but better this than dropouts.
Poi

Latedave
Ancient Muppet

Post by Latedave » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:43 am

Clearly you should of gone up against Sir Robin, no odds were too much in his favour for the opportunity to turn run away instead!

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:59 pm

I didn't want to drop out of the campaign, equally losing 2 or 3 games each time is bad for my mind set! I toyed with sticking with chaos but this way I get to prep my RR11 army :D

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:25 am

Legginitt surveyed the dead skaven. The two chariots had really made a mess of them. He was upset that the big skaven creature had run away, but was fairly happy that a gobbo had found something shiny in the skaven's spoor. Once the smith's had pummelled whatever it was into a proper fighting weapon he could use it. If only the damn goblins hadn't run from the tricksy elves earlier than perhaps he wouldn't feel quite so angry. Looking round he saw Panchbug. At least he could take out some anger on the chief of the arrer boyz, he raised his fist....

So a win in the campaign (a loss as well but we'll gloss over that, excuses about changing from chaos to a real army etc, etc) against the rats who outnumbered me!

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:48 am

2 games last night... 2 glorious victories for the gobbos... Mwah ha ha ah aha ha! Clan Rats, Rat Ogres, Chaos knights, Chosen, Chaos Warriors.. noe are a match for the Gobbo warband!
Items of note:

4 charges by chariots, a total of 25 impact hits!

Goblin archers, moved, long range fire and a dead chaos knight at the end of it!

Goblin Archers being charged by Rat Ogre... stand and shoot. Wound Rat Ogre and the hail of fire slowed them down so much it was a failed
charge (that or Poi rolled his dice badly)

Return to “Warbands 2011”