Month Five - Results

After the success of the WFB event, January 2011 will see the start of a similar event for 40k.
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
phil
Ancient Muppet

Month Five - Results

Post by phil » Tue May 31, 2011 11:31 pm

A couple of thrashings this month... oof! Les' Dalek contingent annihilated another opponent (Necrons? Easy??!) while Blood Angels did for the Guard.

Only one more month to go now - full results to follow, along with updated table, shortly.

PS - Duncan, Fergus and Dave D - with the monthly deadline passing and not having heard, can you just confirm to me if you're still in the challenges please? Thanks!
-- Dutch --

Chilledenuff

Re: Month Five - Results

Post by Chilledenuff » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:31 am

I think I fluked that! My dice rolls appear to be evening out! Another 7 or 8 months of rolling like that and I will be even with the dice gods! Mwah ha ha ha!

Also thanks for the game Dutch! At the end of turn 1 with 2 dreadnoughts sat squarely in front of the rather squishy dalek warriors I thought it was all over, glad they were neutralised before they squished everything!
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:34 am

Haha, to be honest I didn't think it would end up being quite so one-sided, but whenever I play an army for the first time I try to manage expectations... only after the nasty gribbly bits get broken out do I really understand how to tackle them :-)

The most interesting thing for me was the gauss weapons - probably the thing I was least expecting, and the thing that prevented me from executing the plan properly. Without them I think my armoured units would have had a much better impact...

So - thanks for the game... the dice on both sides were somewhat depressing, but that aside it was a fun game :-)
-- Dutch --

Simon B
Grownup Muppet

Post by Simon B » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:27 am

I actually feel kinda guilty about the win last night, the Blood Angels really didnt deserve it. the only thing that saved it for me was the Sanguinary Guard joined by Dante. Power weapons and jump packs really saved it for me and Martin was so unlucky, although a master of ordenence will definately be the first thing i kill next time!
Simon - The Teacher Muppet
For the Emperor!!

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:31 pm

Here are the results from the fifth month of Path of Battle:

Les 11 - 3 Phil
Simon 11 - 5 Martin
And all that leads to:

Name / Played / KP scored / Diff / Pts

Simon 5 29 +18 15
Les 5 33 +23 10
Martin 5 19 -6 7
Phil 5 12 -11 6

Path of Hobby - all those who passed this month's challenge:

Les
Simon
Martin

So a trimmed down table and set of results this month - with just one to go it looks like whoever plays Simon this month will be playing for pride... we can't let him get a perfect run of 6 out of 6!!!

Thanks chaps, June is the climax of the fun - another special scenario awaits!
-- Dutch --

Return to “Grimdark Tales 2011”