Sons of Fenris, arise!

After the success of the WFB event, January 2011 will see the start of a similar event for 40k.
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
phil
Ancient Muppet

Re: Sons of Fenris, arise!

Post by phil » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:35 pm

Oh dear.

After being so pleased at picking up some Terminators and more troops from Fergus on Tuesday, having looked at the Codex and bearing in mind the Champ of Champs rules, I'm still left with a big selection problem.

Principally, I can't use the Terminators AND the Dreadnought as they're both Elites. That's not a philosophical issue; it's a resource issue - not being able to use what I just bought, I'll have to splash out on more cash for something in the FA or HS vein.

D'oh!
-- Dutch --

daniel_cave00
The muppet with many names

Post by daniel_cave00 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:12 pm

Have you considered using a landspeeder typhoon? They are acually quite decent and a steal for 90 points.

Then have a look at Long Fangs. They are actually quite decent as well, they will bolster your shooting force quite nicely.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:02 pm

Yup, looked at the various options - all of them will mean spending more money, so will see what I can manage.
-- Dutch --

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:03 pm

phil wrote:looked at the various options - all of them will mean spending more money

This is generally a summary of my life at the moment :) Still when we get to 1K points you should be able to largely fill your points with what you got from Fergus.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:09 am

i hope i didnt give too much advice to your opponent last night phil...........lol.
At least on your next game you can add even more firepower now thansk to your new toys from fergus.
and can you remember the name of your opponent last night, as he did tell me, but im crap for name's......lol, as i would like to get in touch with as i have some spare chaos bits he may be intrested in.

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:03 am

Okay - time to update my painting progress.

Since the last Path of Battle night, when I first bought some models from Fergus, I've been working on a centrepiece figure for my army. The Wolf Guard Battle Leader (in Terminator Armour) is the result... and so far I'm delighted with the results.

The model is a metal Space Marine Chaplain in Terminator Armour - but seemed ripe for conversion. So far only the arms have been added, but there's more to come. What you see is mostly finished, barring a few last highlights to the yellows and the Thunder Hammer.
-- Dutch --

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:51 am

very nice :clap: what else is to be done to him then?
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:55 am

Thanks :-) I'm working on the cloak next, then a banner stand to go on top of that.

To be honest, if you'd showed me that before we started the WHFB8 painting challenge I'd never have believed you. It's amazing how much practice can improve technique.
-- Dutch --

The General
Grownup Muppet

Post by The General » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:18 pm

Ah.... that chappies' head will look so cool on Boss Furkit's banner pole... dakka...dakka...DAKKA!?!

*self medicates*

Nice work Phil - gonna really have to go some on my next 250 points to try and keep up :roll:

see thee tomorrow

Fergus"knee-deep-in-prototypes"muppid

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:34 pm

looking good phil. right i got those bits ready for you, stormbolter and hatch, also got 2 SW icons from the drop pod kit you can have as well

Return to “Grimdark Tales 2011”