Sons of Fenris, arise!

After the success of the WFB event, January 2011 will see the start of a similar event for 40k.
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
phil
Ancient Muppet

Re: Sons of Fenris, arise!

Post by phil » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:19 pm

Update:

Well the good news is that I have a scheme I'm actually very happy with. The way it's worked out, it's probably my best painting to date, so after several failed attempts at getting it right it's nice to have come out the other side.

The bad news is that... I have one model completed (but not based). That means only 18 more to go, plus the Dreadnought, and given that I'm out all day Saturday my chances of getting all of them done in the same way by Tuesday night is basically zero.

So - my only options are to get all of them done to the minimum spec, which might be possible, or fail at the first hurdle.

Obviously I want to avoid the latter, so I'll do what I can to achieve the former... although I'm a bit disappointed that it's not really in the spirit of the challenge. Still, it's not like I've been sitting around not bothering to do anything - between learning the game, getting to know the rules, finalising the list and the numerous painting trials it's been pretty consistent.

And of course, losing the Drop Pod from the list (which is half painted) doesn't help!

Fingers crossed - image of the finised prototype to follow.
-- Dutch --

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:30 pm

He's just one of the standard Blood Claw marines, and the light's a bit washed out, but it gives you an idea of where I wanted to go.
-- Dutch --

daniel_cave00
The muppet with many names

Post by daniel_cave00 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:38 pm

To be honest I dont see you dumping the whole thing if you fail the first hurdle. Ok you dont get the prize at the end but I doubt somehow that this was your main drive for taking part/organising.

By the way I know the particular mission and deployment for the first game.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:43 pm

Oh, I won't give up if I fail the first month - fear not!

EDIT: But don't underestimate the Power of the Prize!! ;-)
Last edited by phil on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Dutch --

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:38 am

Well, it's getting tense... I had a really good session yesterday afternoon/evening and accomplished more than I thought was possible, so i'm still in with a shout. Just.

I've now got 9 models that are complete with base colours, which would pass the requirements.

I have 10 more that have the basecoat applied, but need washing and other colours (ie guns, shoulder pads, etc) - and the dreadnought is in the same condition.

I've realistically just got tonight, perhaps tomorrow lunchtime too, to finish them all and base everything.

For anybody still going, remember the basic requirements is three colours minimum plus basing (ie more than just painted base) to a reasonable battlefield quality. Than can mean base colours only, no need for inking or highlights as such, but the assumption is that all parts of the model will be covered.
-- Dutch --

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:49 pm

I'm seeing paint brush tips when I close my eyes now... but just the hair on 10 models to do, then basing for the lot. I might get them finished yet!
-- Dutch --

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:19 am

Phil, i think we can let you off if you dont get the base's finished..........lol, damm that reminds me, still got the rims of the bases on my CCS to do.........lol

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:46 pm

.........................and finished.

Phew.
-- Dutch --

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Now Dutch you have to wrap those puppies in cotton wool, then place them in bubble wrap and finally put them in a fire proof box. Otherwise you are going to do something nasty like drop or otherwise crush them all.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:53 pm

Haha, yes - it won't be old Chinese food containers. I'll clear out one of my carry case trays later on I think. They deserve that, at least.
-- Dutch --

Return to “Grimdark Tales 2011”