Sons of Fenris, arise!

After the success of the WFB event, January 2011 will see the start of a similar event for 40k.
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
phil
Ancient Muppet

Sons of Fenris, arise!

Post by phil » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:51 pm

Right - I don't have a great deal of a clue about what I'm doing, so for my first 500 points (and bearing in mind that I'm simultaneously collecting Orcs & Goblins as well), I'm going to stick mainly to what's in the Space Wolves Battalion box.

Therefore, my tentative first list is as follows:

HQ: Wolf Guard Battle Leader w/ Runic Armour (90)
Troops: Blood Claws x 10 (150)
Troops: Grey Hunters x 10 w/ Drop Pod (185)
Elite: Wolf Scouts x 5 (75)

The only model I need to get hold of is the Battle Leader; and that will give me a total of 26 models plus the Drop Pod to paint by the last Tuesday in January. Woo!
-- Dutch --

daniel_cave00
The muppet with many names

Re: Sons of Fenris, arise!

Post by daniel_cave00 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:40 am

Just to let you know that this army wont be able to play at combat patrol level, the Battle Leaders armour aside (assuming 2+) the drop pod's armour adds up to 36. Still if this is the army you want to play then I will take you on at 500 points, combat patrol rules be damned.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:21 am

Okay, that's a good point. I may try and pick up something as an alternative, will see how it goes. It's easy for me to lose the Runic Armour, and I've plenty to keep me busy in the meantime :-)
-- Dutch --

infernal caretaker
Other Muppet

Post by infernal caretaker » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:42 pm

No reason we HAVE to stick to combat patrol rules :) is up to the organisers... XD
~Deus Ex Machina~
~For Ferrus Mannus, and the Omnissiah!~
Rule #14:
~Thou Shalt Not Install A Fridge In Thy Rhino To 'Cool Down' Thy Plasma Guns...~

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Just looking over the rules and it appears that the only restrictions that are relevant for Champ of Champs are in the force organisation - which would mean that my set-up of HQ, Troops, Elite, Troops is okay?
-- Dutch --

infernal caretaker
Other Muppet

Post by infernal caretaker » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:33 am

Indeedy!

I have...

HQ
Troops
Elite
Fast Attack

Knock yourself out! (no, not like that, like this! *thwack*)
~Deus Ex Machina~
~For Ferrus Mannus, and the Omnissiah!~
Rule #14:
~Thou Shalt Not Install A Fridge In Thy Rhino To 'Cool Down' Thy Plasma Guns...~

Tesla Kiwi
Grownup Muppet

Post by Tesla Kiwi » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:20 pm

So this is a close combatty army then.
I am surprised by lack of power fists and power swords for an assualt army.
Also remember big squads of space wolves get free goodies like flamers

Maybe a rhino instead of the drop pod
Kill the alien before it can speak its lies!!!

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:56 am

I haven't detailed the weapon selection, and I'm still building the models - am not sure quite how strict the WYSIWYG rules for 40K are, but I'm working on the assumption they're tight.

To that end, the battalion boxed set that contains the Blood Claws/Grey Hunters sprues doesn't actually contain any flamers (thanks, GW), so that may dictate what I'm able to do in the final mix-up.
-- Dutch --

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:36 pm

WYSIWYG is much more in 40K than in Fantasy, well certainly how I play. Equipment is far less mystical and is more easily identifiable so it will be easy to tell for example that your blonde bloke third from the left has got a Power Fist and is looking to punch someones head in with it.

Gear is far easier to establish and generally speaking there is a lot less of it as well. If you want I can explain options etc to you?

As for separate bits and pieces you have but to ask the community and they will more than often provide (shame but I have actually given out most of my 40K bits boxes so I cannot provide). Failing that there are individual bits sites across the Interwebz. (Reminds me I MUST remember that flamer marine I promised Carl a while ago)

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:29 pm

Okay, worth knowing, thanks - for now I'll just stick to what I'm able to make, evaluate how it playes, and go from there. Once I've got a better understanding of rules and the Spave Wolves individual quirks I'll look to be more ambitious :-)
-- Dutch --

Return to “Grimdark Tales 2011”