A Tale of Muppet Gaming

To mark the launch of WFB8, a few of us are starting new armies, starting at 750 points and then growing in 250 point blocks.
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
phil
Ancient Muppet

Re: A Tale of Muppet Gaming

Post by phil » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:40 am

daniel_cave00 wrote:- Have a written army list (can be hand written, dont care just want some reference)
- Each model on the army list must be represented
- Each model must be painted with at least 3 colours, that doesnt mean you can put 3 paint flecks on the model and call it finished. It must at least look battlefield ready.
- Each model must have textured bases which are painted.

Please note that movement trays are not required to be painted (though they do look infinitely cooler if they are). Also if you have additional models which are created as part of the gaming process (hello zombies! hello etherial dragons! hello other things I havent thought of) these will not be judged as part of the painted army.

This is all good with me, although textured bases is new to me. Reading elsewhere I gather that flock is somewhat frowned upon, but I'll warn you now that for the time being that is as good as it will get with me...
-- Dutch --

daniel_cave00
The muppet with many names

Post by daniel_cave00 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:51 am

Phil,

The point about textured bases is a throwback from our tournaments. Basically what I am looking for is models who dont just have their bases painted green. Be that flock or sand with flock or even something crazy, like Poi is going for, like a stone/cobbled effect.

Certain people can frown upon flock as much as they like ;) It is still 100% better than a base just painted green. It never looked that bad on my Marines when I used to do it either.

This wasnt to make everyone do the same but just to give some basic standards for qualification, I will not force you to sand your bases Phil :)

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:57 am

Well, flock can be step one... maybe it'll inspire me to try other things when I see what other people have done :)
-- Dutch --

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:00 pm

well at least we dont have to worry about movement trays, not that the ones i have will fit my ogres anyway..........lol.
if all goes well, my ogres should have finished base's by the 10th, just need to get some snow flock (unless anyone has some they no longer need i can aquire!!!!!...........).
Now all i need to do is to make sure i have a babysitter for the 10th as jules is working till 10.30 that night, and i think im starting to get gameing withdrawal as well, as its been well ove a month since i last played

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Small Prizes? Hmmmm, how small? Azhag the slaughterer small or golden snotling small? :D Now there's an incentive I might up the level of effort put into this, mmwah ha ha ha!
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:19 am

Chilledenuff wrote:Small Prizes? Hmmmm, how small? Azhag the slaughterer small or golden snotling small? :D Now there's an incentive I might up the level of effort put into this, mmwah ha ha ha!

You should know that "small" is very scalable :) Without going into details and promising things I dont want to (because I have not discussed exactly how small with the money muppet yet) it will be something significant but not excessive. So it will not be something like the golden snotling.

You remember your PM you sent me before all this started? The level of incentive to get people involved? That is what I am thinking, not too big but enough of an incentive to give people a sense of achievement.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:15 pm

sweet
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:37 am

Hi all,

Just to confirm what we have decided on this painting reward.

For each member who participates in the Tale of Many Muppets you have a chance to win a single "regiment sized" box if you fully complete each painting milestone.

Details of completing a painting milestone can be found above. At the end of the tale I will talk to each member who completed each painting milestone and ask them to choose a reasonably priced regiment sized box, which Paul will then order (if he agrees to the purchase that is).

I think this is a suitable reward for those who go the full mile. Me and Paul were also discussing the possibility of doing a small prize for the best painted force, this will either be a smaller prize (free can of coke/chocolate bar) on a milestone by milestone basis or a slightly larger prize at the end (I havent really made up my mind yet).

Now onto the first milestone games. Given that I havent got off my ass and thought this through, just like usual, it would appear that a few challenges have been laid down already. My fault but we will move on.

I was thinking that the first week would be done at complete random (I was thinking of the old classic of names written down on paper and drawn from some suitable container). This of course means that we could end up with people never playing each other but there is more than ample opportunity for people to do this.

So apart from the single challenge that I am aware of (Poi Vs Dave) I propose that we do a random matchup system. Thoughts? Opinions? Insults?

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

Pauly J - Grimnor
Money Muppet

Post by Pauly J - Grimnor » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:00 pm

I fart in your general direction.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
Give me all of your MONEY MUPPET

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:53 pm

random sounds good, but bear in mind i havent played fanatsy since 3rd ed, so very rusty on the rules, so may be worth matching me up agaisnt someone whos familar with the rules (unless you want a nice easy win that is...........lol)
@paul, as long as its only a gobos fart, i dont think we want my ogres farting in anyones direction..........lol

Return to “A tale of Muppet gamers 2010”