A Tale of Muppet Gaming

To mark the launch of WFB8, a few of us are starting new armies, starting at 750 points and then growing in 250 point blocks.
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
Chilledenuff

Re: A Tale of Muppet Gaming

Post by Chilledenuff » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Ok, the campaign(?) will take place in the small city state of Briane L'Allend
this is situated in the north of the Border Princes not far from Munzig and the Black Fire Pass

I'll create a map and history of Briane L'Allend later. Suffice to say that at the moment it's beset with peril!
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

poi
Chief Muppet

Post by poi » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:23 pm

The closest Skaven lair of note is at Karak-Varn. Clan Poi is encamped, yet ready to march at a moment's notice.
Poi

daniel_cave00
The muppet with many names

Post by daniel_cave00 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:50 pm

So given that we currently have 8 players involved in the Tale this means that we have the potential for 4 games on the 10th.

How do we want to manage it? I can draw together a random matching system to sort out the first game and then tier it like a mini tournament or we can just do a challenge system based on total victory points (lowest VP gets to challenge first and so on). First round could be done alphabetically...

Can we all make the 10th August? I will be making a special effort to turn up on these scheduled nights, even though soon enough my attendance will be dropping off due to work stealing all of my time :(

Opinions?

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:37 pm

hopefully i be there, but wont know till at least the week before as to what shift julies working, and if i need to arrange a babysitter for a jade, hopefully i be down before that date for at least 1 game, so i can get used to the rules (dont forget, i havent played fantasy since 3rd, beging of 4th ed) and to see how badly my ogre do against the mass hordes im gona be faceing.......lol

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:30 pm

should be good, as we'll all have painted armies mayhap we could get a muppet with a decent camera there to take pickies... haven't seen an update by poi for a while, guess he's too busy painting (or trying to tell my wife on facebook that i should be doing more around the house :naughty: )

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:57 am

i was hopeing to get down next tuesday for a game, but me and jules will be taking jade to legoland that day as a birthday treat, so will probaly be too knackerd/hurting too much to come down, dont know if i can make the 3rd yet as its the mum in laws birthday, but will do all i can to make the 10th, which should be funny as it be my first game.............lol, unless of course anyone fancys comeing round my place one evening for a game to show me the ropes that is (and no, i dont have the rule book yet, unless i can find one thats fallen of the back of a lorry..........lol)

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:25 pm

It may be possible to persude the lady to loan me her SLR. It takes decent photos. As I mentioned earlier in the month I will be creating a separate thread which will track individual armies. I will hopefully have the time to compile a progressive set of shots throughout the campaign(?) to display where everyone started and where they ended up.

I really do want this to look good and be something we can all be proud of :) Its one of the reasons I am blogging like a crazy person at the moment (other reason is that Work is dull at moment)

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:35 pm

daniel_cave00 wrote:I am blogging like a crazy person at the moment

:?: :oops: :think: :whistle:

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Briane L'Allend

A brief history.

After returning from the crusades in far Araby and Khemri many knights returned to Bretonnia returned via the border princes and the Montdidier pass back to thier homelands. However many of the knights were too badly wounded to make it, or became sick on the long march home. Many were laid to rest in what was then the small town of Grassi and a memorial was set up. Over time many Bretonian peasants made a pilgrimage to the town of Grassi but due to the dangers in crossing the border princes the king of Brettonia decided to garrison the town (much to the displeasure of the natives!) A number of knights were dispatched along with a sizeable force of men at arms and so began the fortification of the town and the renaming to Briane L'Allend (after the most famous crusade knight entombed there).

Many years passed but as time went on fewer pilgrims made the journey and eventually the king of Bretonnia, mindful of other conflicts, recalled the garrison leaving the town.

The current population is a mix of tilian and bretonnian descendants and the city and surrounding state encompasses an area of 100 square miles. A recent outbreak of the red pox has devastated the populace. Many of the farmsteads and outlying towns have been abandonded or the residents have been wiped out.

The current situation

The city's burghers have recently contacted the Empire and Brettonia asking for aid in these dark times as well as hiring a mercanary ogre army to protect the city itself (How the ogre's will react when they discover the town's coffers are bare is any one's guess. Rumours are rife that forces are mustering on the borders ready to take advantage of the situation. Orcs and goblins, always a threat to the borders are being seen in larger numbers. Ratmen have been seen in the sewers and rumours of chaos forces abound. Added to these woes is the worry of grave robbers, many of the recent mass graves have been disturbed and the city's guards are having to watch over the noble's grave yard as well as fulfilling thier other duties.
The legend of the Necromancer N'Kepit has raised it's ugly head again. It was this monster that raised an army of knights from the tombs of the Brettonian pilgrims and the fear of this kind of thing happening again has peasants fearful at all times.
The city gates are now locked at all times, where before it was only at sundown that this was neccessary. tbc

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:50 pm

very nice fluff les, i think the ogres may be a tad upset when they find the city is skint and broke (well it will be once there finished with it..........lol)

Return to “A tale of Muppet gamers 2010”