A Tale of Muppet Gaming

To mark the launch of WFB8, a few of us are starting new armies, starting at 750 points and then growing in 250 point blocks.
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
poi
Chief Muppet

A Tale of Muppet Gaming

Post by poi » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:23 am

Hi all

Seeing as this is attracting some interest, here are the rules we're working to, as I understand them.

750 points, fully painted by 10 August, one month after WFB8 launches.

Then 250 points fully painted by each successive month. The dates for marking will be 14 September, 12 October, 16 November and 14 December. We play games on each date, with penalties for using unpainted toys. -1 to armour saves for any unpainted unit was the old skool Muppet way of doing this. Does this work for everyone?

Only 1,750 to aim for by Xmas, although if you're planning on bringing this army to Regarding Retribution in November, you may want to get ahead of yourself.

Dan, if this wasn't what you had in mind, feel free to change stuff.

daniel_cave00 wrote:- This is not an escalation campaign. This means that you are free to add and change units between months, however you will suffer from penalties if you chose to play with unpainted minis
- Unpainted minis give 25% more VPs (unless VP's are no longer used), further more they cannot claim objectives or count as scoring in any way shape or form. Depending on what the victory conditions are I may have to add to this list.
- A single photo of each army will be taken at each date. These photos will be added to a separate thread, which I will be creating nearer the time, this is to keep a single record of the armies as they grow.
- At least one mini battle summary is required each month based on a battle when the army is used. It does not need to be much more than a reflection on how the army operates and what your impressions were of the battle. I intent to write a full battle report each month and hope to be blogging regularly though I will not hold anyone else to this.
Poi

phil
Ancient Muppet

Re: A Tale of Muppet Gaming

Post by phil » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:36 am

Works for me - am just trying to figure out how to upload images to posts, however...
-- Dutch --

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:39 am

use photobucket and then use a link from there, but you may want to resize the pics before linking

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:39 am

Of course! Thanks.
-- Dutch --

poi
Chief Muppet

Post by poi » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:40 am

You'll need to upload them to one of the hosting sites, such as Photobucket, and then use the tag around the image url.

Make sure your images are no more than 700 pixels wide, or we won't see the right hand side of whatever you post.
Poi

daniel_cave00
The muppet with many names

Post by daniel_cave00 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:42 am

The only additions I would like to make are the following:

- This is not an escalation campaign. This means that you are free to add and change units between months, however you will suffer from penalties if you chose to play with unpainted minis
- Unpainted minis give 25% more VPs (unless VP's are no longer used), further more they cannot claim objectives or count as scoring in any way shape or form. Depending on what the victory conditions are I may have to add to this list.
- A single photo of each army will be taken at each date. These photos will be added to a separate thread, which I will be creating nearer the time, this is to keep a single record of the armies as they grow.
- At least one mini battle summary is required each month based on a battle when the army is used. It does not need to be much more than a reflection on how the army operates and what your impressions were of the battle. I intent to write a full battle report each month and hope to be blogging regularly though I will not hold anyone else to this.

I really want to punish non painted units in this for my own good. I dont mind losing the -1 armour save stipulation in the face of my suggestions or just going with a combination of the two, certainly I feel non-painted = non-scoring for this.

None of these are rules until I get feedback from those involved in this, I am flexible and want this to be fair. I think if we keep a decent record of this and people stay the course we will have something the club can be really proud of and something which we can show to the outside world as an example of what we are as a club.

President mode disengaged, I just want to see more pictures of painted armies and I want to force myself to paint my damn minis!

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:49 am

the rules look good, and should encourage lazy gits me to get stuff painted. 1750 by xmas shouldnt be too hard, but will mean poi may be getting more pennys from me for more ogres and maybe gnobblars too.
was ther any more ironguts left poi by any chance?

poi
Chief Muppet

Post by poi » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:52 am

I don't think so, but I'll check tonight.
Poi

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:07 pm

cheers poi, i will have to work out what i will need to get to 1750, and maybe need to scrouge around for bits to make a scratch built scrap launcher.
Dan any bonus for completeing each challange every month?

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:12 pm

I will be buying a bag of cookies each time we meet. If you meet the challenge you will get a cookie :)

Na - only kidding (though of course I may still do this). I think we can arrange some sort of prize for the person who meets the most deadlines. Awarded in December. I think that should be enough incentive.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

Return to “A tale of Muppet gamers 2010”