To war! For Sigmar!

To mark the launch of WFB8, a few of us are starting new armies, starting at 750 points and then growing in 250 point blocks.
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
daniel_cave00
The muppet with many names

Re: To war! For Sigmar!

Post by daniel_cave00 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:35 am

Straw for you tomorrow then :) Hope it gets better soon, the misses gets bad back/neck every now and again and from the amount she complains I would imagine it hurts quite badly.

Still one more excuse to take heavy duty perscription painkillers :D :dance:

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:07 pm

Ha! Yes, a straw would help, definitely.

Well, 28 models now based, 31 to go. Should have it all wrapped up by end of play today, which is a relief. I admit I was pretty confident a few weeks ago, but losing so much time with neck problems made it a close-run thing... exciting!
-- Dutch --

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:41 pm

FINISHED!

Phew. That was hard work, and took longer than I'd expected (darned Empire fiddly uniforms, etc...) but - I'm really pleased with the results.

Okay, I've not inked or highlighted, but this is the most models I've ever painted (regardless of time) and the motivation to get on and do it was one of the reasons I was so keen to join the 'Tale of' challenge - so while the painting quality isn't amazing, tonight, for the first time, I'm going to be really proud to present my army for battle :D :D :D :D :D

(Oh, and a little bonus as I had time... movement trays as well!)
-- Dutch --

Pauly J - Grimnor
Money Muppet

Post by Pauly J - Grimnor » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:44 pm

:clap: Well done.
Give me all of your MONEY MUPPET

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:53 pm

Fantastic job, I was worried that you werent going to make it but you pulled through in the end. Hopefully next months challenge will be a little less stressful and stretching. Though I suppose it will give you the time to start going round your models with the ink and highlights etc.

Well done sir :clap: :dance:

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:06 pm

:clap: glad to see that you've completed them. I read the comments about your neck and after all the crouching over my painting table in the last 7 days I felt for you, must have been agony at times! You sir, are a martyr to the cause! :)
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:26 pm

Haha, thanks - I have to say a big thankyou to everybody for the support through this, both words of encouragement and just the fact that I know others are going through the same experience...

I'm really looking forward to seeing the line-ups tonight.
-- Dutch --

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:56 am

Well, another lucky win for the Empire last night - or should I really say another unlucky loss for my Gobbo opponents. I lost count of the number of times animosity got the better of the general's unit, while miscasts and misfires did more damage than I did... plus the difference of 1 in a flee roll meant the death of the biggest unit to 4 rear-charging knights...

A good game - enjoyable, bizarre and comic by turns, thanks Paul. I'm really going to stop having to rely on my luck though, it's getting a bit silly!
-- Dutch --

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Right - looking at the options for expanding to 1000pts, and my initial thoughts have settled as follows:

Captain of the Empire (general)
- Plate armour
- Sword of Justice

Battle Wizard
- Level 2

Swordsmen (20)
- Full command

Knights Panther (5)
- Full command

Handgunners (10)
- Champion, musician

Greatswords (20)
- Full command

Great Cannon 1

Great Cannon 2

So the main additions here are an extra Great Cannon and another 10 Greatswords. Was tempted to beef up the mage to a lord and go level 4, but was a bit worried about losing lots of points in one go with a mis-cast... I may change my mind though, as magic really can be a game-changer if it works out.
-- Dutch --

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:25 pm

And the Captain now has some armour :) I did have to laugh quite a bit when I found out the three games you had won were with a general without any armour.

So thats 10 models and an artillery piece to paint? Hmm I cant wait to see the whole army as it evolves and the ink starts to flow. Who knows maybe I will even be able to take a decent picture of it next time (you will see later that I kind of failed my test last night - stupid 20+ option camera!)

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

Return to “A tale of Muppet gamers 2010”