Rise of the gut, a tale of many muppets story

To mark the launch of WFB8, a few of us are starting new armies, starting at 750 points and then growing in 250 point blocks.
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
fynn
Ancient Muppet

Re: Rise of the gut, a tale of many muppets story

Post by fynn » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:08 pm

i better start looking for some gobo bits to have hanging off the weapons then les...............lol

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:33 pm

well after haveing a think, ive settled on the war song for my ogres
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN_R0J8kU5I

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:44 pm

sorry for lack of updates, but house has been in an uproar due to a kitchen and bathroom refurb, will hopefully get the last bits done this weekend (mainly detail work now) and next week i will be getting the snow flock to finish the base's off. now to work out what the next 250pts will be

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:48 pm

just a quick update, my ogres are almost done, just got 4 weapons to finish off, and to get the base's done with some snow flock, but that may be a while before i get a chance to buy some, due to julies current shift pattens (and not wantiong to pay the OTT prices at GW).
Unless of course some kind muppet has some left over they no longer use that i can aquire????

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:24 pm

well as most of you saw last night, apart from flocking the base's my first lot of ogres are done.
had a play with army builder to work out my next lot of painting, and ive managed to work out my painting till november, which when i run out of models.......lol. so it will look something like this:
September-5 Bulls
October-1 Butcher, 20 Gnobblars and 8 trappers (yay, get magic at 1250)
November-3 yetties.

so will need to work out what the last 250 will be and then get the models for it.
this is what it should look like at 1500

ogres 1500 Pts - Ogre Kingdoms Army

3 Ironguts @ 144.0 Pts
Great Weapon; Ogre Club; Heavy Armour

5 Ogre Bulls @ 290.0 Pts
Ogre Club; Iron Fist; Standard; Musician

1 Crusher @ [20.0] Pts

7 Ogre Bulls @ 245.0 Pts
Ogre Club

3 Leadbelchers @ 165.0 Pts
Light Armour

1 Butcher @ 175.0 Pts
Bloodcleaver [25.0]
Wyrdstone Necklace [20.0]

1 Bruiser @ 184.0 Pts
General; Ogre Club; Heavy Armour
Tenderiser [50.0]

21 Gnoblars @ 42.0 Pts
Sharp Stuff

8 Gnoblar Trappers @ 48.0 Pts
Sharp Stuff

3 Yhetees @ 195.0 Pts
Ice Weapon

Casting Pool: 2

Dispel Pool: 2

Models in Army: 53

Total Army Cost: 1488.0

will probaly get totaly wiped out by les's and pauls gobos.....lol

daniel_cave00
The muppet with many names

Post by daniel_cave00 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:45 pm

fynn wrote:Casting Pool: 2

Dispel Pool: 2

Rich,

Magic is now massively different. All magic phases are powered by winds of magic, the player rolls 2D6 the total are the number of power dice and the highest of the two dice is the number of dispel dice the opposing player has.

Therefore it is no longer definite how much magic a person will get off, sometimes you roll big and sometimes you roll small. Worse is when you roll a high number then a low number as the difference between the number of power and dispel dice is not that much therefore the magic is easily countered.

There are other considerations but essentially this is the biggest change.
The muppet with many names

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:45 pm

Dan the dice pool is just what army builder listed, i know theres been a big change to magic, but then i wont have to worry to much about trying to use it untill we hit the target of 1250 points (thats when the 25% allows to me to spend more on heros and such).

right, status of the ogres so far, models in army 14, painted and now fully based 14, left to paint and base-0.
i will try and get a group pic up this week end. now im trying to figure out the best way to field em, I.E keep the bulls as 2 units of 3 and 4, or as 1 unit of 7 with the bruiser attached for a nasty killy unit, but then that will mean only 3 units in total feilded on the table...hmmm choices choices.

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:17 am

well played my first game last night and got tabled, mainly due to how nasty the magic can be at 750pts, and that my ogres are very vulnerable to magic due to lack of saves, but then cant cant be helped at that low points value, eventluly will have armour on most units at higher points. i was also not too impressed with the way the LOS rules have changed since i last played fantasy (back in 3rd), well have to see what happens in my next game, hopefully with less magic being thrown at me.............lol

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:00 pm

right quick update of whats being painted next. the next unit being done is a regiment of 6 bulls with full command
and i may even try a bit of free hand on the banner.
and becourse of the amount of minis involved, ive already preped and base coated the next 250pts worth for the sept-october challange (mainly coz i cant wait to paint the butcher......lol)
trapers
Gnobblars
and the Butcher

the way things are going i probaly be nicely ahead by november, which gives me time to find the ;ast 250pts of models i need to get to the final 1750 (or 500pts if i wana try my luck at RR this year)

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:55 pm

quick update time, done some work on the bulls, now have there basic colours on, just detail work to do now
and done some work on the butcher (part of the following 250pts)

so there you are so far. C&C welcome along with any surgestions to improve em

Return to “A tale of Muppet gamers 2010”