Waaagh Badgutz (Les' Gobbos)

To mark the launch of WFB8, a few of us are starting new armies, starting at 750 points and then growing in 250 point blocks.
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
Chilledenuff

Re: Waaagh Badgutz (Les' Gobbos)

Post by Chilledenuff » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:48 am

pickies up later of finished wolf riders (to a poi standard (ie the bases will have sand on but not be painted :D )) next to get some colour:

Confee Densegivva & Majikflingga

This is because I find with horde armies it's better to keep non rank and file as a reward for finishing a unit, so next after these 2 are the spear gobbos, then probably the rock lobba
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

poi
Chief Muppet

Post by poi » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:01 am

Chilledenuff wrote:to a poi standard (ie the bases will have sand on but not be painted :D

The Poi standard has changed. None of my Skaven will have sand on their bases. I'm going with Wills' Random Stone.
Poi

daniel_cave00
The muppet with many names

Post by daniel_cave00 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:10 am

Chilledenuff wrote:This is because I find with horde armies it's better to keep non rank and file as a reward for finishing a unit, so next after these 2 are the spear gobbos, then probably the rock lobba

See now I should have bloody done that! However in my usual style I rushed to paint the HQ. Now it will be that the last unit of random Skeletons will likely be the best painted of the lot because I will have gotten into my stride, painting wise, by then.

Still thanks for the tip, I think I will have to keep some of my comic zombie lineup as encouragement for keeping painting.

Again sir :clap: :dance: :clap: on the completed unit. How many more have you got to do ( :lol: laughing all the way with his overly expensive and therefore smallish army)

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:33 am

poi wrote:The Poi standard has changed. None of my Skaven will have sand on their bases. I'm going with Wills' Random Stone.

So long as it's painted! ;)

daniel_cave00 wrote:Again sir :clap: :dance: :clap: on the completed unit. How many more have you got to do ( :lol: laughing all the way with his overly expensive and therefore smallish army)

thanks for the pladits, but they are only tabletop standard, no golen deamon for me :(
40 rank & file, 4 characters and a warmachine, bit worried about the next 250 though!

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Dis was da first tyme dat da 'orde of Badgutz was gonna stomp summat. Da ratmen had been upstream widdlin in da river or summat and da boyz didn't like da colour da water waz so off dey went.
Unforunately dere woz too many ratz to deal wiv so Badgutz and the boyz legged it to get more ladz before returnin' to finish 'em off.
Badgoytz woz not 'appy wiv Majikflingga as 'ee didn't do anyfink. Sum lame excuse about forgettin' where he woz, cost him da use of 'is left arm for 2 weeks and 'alf a mouth of teef. Unable to find da crew of da Bolda 'Urla (except for a gnawed arm) Badgutz couldn't tell 'em what he though of them

OK, so technically I lost my first game of 8th, but there's a tale to tell including heroics, mages flinging powerful spells and brutal combat...

Da ratz advanced slowly towards da ladz, we wuz outnumbered 2 to 1, but most of da boyz can't count so dey never knew dat. They were devided into 2 forces by de river (No one wanted to go in it coz of the smell and the dead fishes on top)
Most of our lads stayed on dis side of de river but the 'ounds of waagh set up on de uvver side facing up 'gainst da sicky ratz and dere slaves. Dis side of da river da pricklee boyz arranged demselves wiv Badgutz and Confydence givva ready to take down da rat'z boss and de clanratz. Da Uvvawun joined da shootee ladz wiv magicflingga stood next to 'em for support. Da bolda urla set up on a hill ready to splat da ratz.

Being impatient, Badgutz got bored and immedieeatly shouted 'WAAAAAAAGH!!!!' as loud as 'e cud. Da pricklee boyz charged da clanratz 'opin to stove in da boss rat'z ead, and da oundz of waagh charged da slaves, de sick ratz smelt funny!

'Cos Badgutz got cort up in da waagh, he didn't turn round and see Da Uvverwun skwabblin wiv da shootee ladz 'bout wot dey was meant to be dooin'

On da far side of da river da 'oundz of waagh ripped da slaves to shreds, chasing down da wuns that fled and kept away from da sick ratz.

Meanwhile Majikkflinga cast 'Gork'll fix it usin' so much power dat dere was an almighty 'Pop' and 'ee dissapeered be'ind a big cloud of green smoke. When we found 'im after de battle 'ee couldn't remembe is name, even wiv Badgutz shoutin it all da time!

In da main fight Badgutz skwared up to da cheef rat and so began da epic fight between our 'eero and da baddest rat ever! Clanratz and our brave ladz fell in droves as dey fought 'ammer and tong in da middle, tradin' blows. Eeventshooallee da Rat Fing was subdood & Badgutz decided 'Jobs a good 'un' & turned to leave, finking da Ratz wood clear off now 'eed bested da general. Guess da ratz don't understand wot honour iz.
Da bolder frower dropped a chuffin big rock onto da rat ogres before dey disappeared under a rain of stompy 'its from da now enrajed monstas! Da shootee lads shot one of the ogres and dey disappeared into da sunset.

As Badgutz returned towards da shootee ladz to tell 'em dat da job woz done and dey was going 'ome da dastardlee clan ratzran after 'im kleevi' dere way froo da pricklee boyz. Dis was a disaster as it ment dat da boyz all pnikked and fled. Although Da Uvvawun braveley stepped in to stop da ratz katchin Badgutz dere were too manee for 'im. Da last time we saw 'im ratz were pullin' limbs off.

So da boyz fled to fight anuvva day. Just wished we looked where we wuz going coz we fled into da barrowlandz, a known abode of dead fings...

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:07 am

Slightly relieved to be facing orcs and goblins and not hordes of undead, waagh badgutz got its first victory last night, details (in a fluffy way!) to follow

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:11 am

HAHAHA!!!! Hoards of the undead? You have see the number of models I am capable of placing down in a 750 game right? 52.

In the main they are fighting just as well as your gobbos but have the potential to cause you fear (though one of them might be causing you terror :)).

I think we can chalk up a second victory in advance without too much worry for you Les.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:01 am

52? I have a grand total of 57, I have ahorde army, so therefor it must be a horde of undead :mrgreen:
I'll wait until tuesday before i count my chickens, they are only gobbos ;)

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:06 am

'Badgutz', 'Majik Flingga', 'Confee Densgivva' and 'Da UvvaWun' all painted. The 'ounds of waaagh and all the characters have now been sanded too, ready for bases to be painted.
Fluffy report for the battle against Paul's dwarves is written in the saga book, just need to transpose it onto the computer

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:22 pm

Pickies!