Introduce yourself

Let's talk about something else
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other.
Latedave
Ancient Muppet

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Latedave » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:33 pm

This seems quite a good idea so will add myself up here and see if I can kickstart it! I'm Dave, I used to play a bit of 40k in 1992/ 1993 and then a smidgeon of Warhammer Ancients and American Civil War in 1998/1999 (whilst telling my gf I was at the pub!). Was getting the toys out of the loft this year and thought I'd give it another go, had a great time so far, opponents have been really friendly and a great laugh. I've even 'fessed up to the gf this time although she does threaten to paint flowers on my tanks!

I play Space Wolves 40k, I've also got a Norman conquest ancient army which I might try to convert to Bretonians and I live in hope that Necromunda will come back and I can dig out the legendary 'Cautious Backstabbers'.

I'll be the tall unshaven one carrying numerous cardboard boxes filled with tanks.

chaosworshipper
Grownup Muppet

Postby chaosworshipper » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi there, thought I'd introduce myself!

My name's Rob and I've been playing Warhammer and 40k for about 16 years, but over the last few years I've been out of the hobby and mostly just playing Dark Heresy and the other 40k RPGs. Lately I've had a hankering to get back into the game, so looked for a local wargaming club and found you guys.

I have a 1500ish point Chaos Space Marine army (used to have more but got rid of my Nids and Orks) and I've love to set up a game some time.
Servants of the Imperium, a Warhammer 40,000 webcomic

daniel_cave00
The muppet with many names

Postby daniel_cave00 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:01 am

Welcome Rob,

As the outgoing Chairman I thought I would drop in and say hi. All are welcome at muppets, even chaos traitor scum :)

Its a weird thing this hobby, just when you thought you had it beat it comes and bites you again and drags you back in. I have "given up" 40K several times, to the point where noone particularly listens to my claims anymore (not that they listened much in the first place).

Anyway I will be down this week so if you can make it come along, cant promise to get you a game but you never know there are sometimes a couple of drop ins. Just ask for Dan or Mavis Muppet. I will be keeping an eye out for wayward lost souls entering our door, just find the nearest person and get them to point me out (most if not all know me).

Look forward to seeing you in our company soon.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

Latedave
Ancient Muppet

Postby Latedave » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:50 am

Hi Rob,

Easiest thing to do is just stick a request up on the finding a game board, there's always a few people looking to play and there aren't that many Chaos Space Marine players. I've got a bit of a backlog unfortunately but otherwise I could give you a game towards the end of the month. Anyway, its a really friendly club so as Dan says just pop down and hopefully you'll get a drop in game,

Dave

chaosworshipper
Grownup Muppet

Postby chaosworshipper » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:23 pm

I don't think I'll be able to make it along this week, but I'll try to get along soon!
Servants of the Imperium, a Warhammer 40,000 webcomic

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Postby fynn » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:42 pm

well if you want a game in about 3/4 weeks time, i should be there (provideing theres no more good TV shows on to interfear with gameing), only reason im not at the club at the moment is it clash's with Falling skys and sanctuary, and theres no repeat of the episodes later in the weeks (and no, i dont have sky plus).

riddles
Ancient Muppet

Postby riddles » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Hullo! I'm Rhyd. Will be moving down to Basingstoke at the end of October. I know Dave Driver from other nefarious hobbies (¬_¬)

I'm hoping to be a regular attendee at the club as I need to get my tournament game in shape for next year. I play 40k, WHFB and Malifaux (if i ever get round to painting those damn gremlins!)

poi
Chief Muppet

Postby poi » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Welcome

A few of us are getting into Malifaux (once our club WFB tourney, Regarding Retribution, is out of the way)
We congregate here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1927

The best way to arrange games (for whatever system you're looking to play that week) is to check or post here viewforum.php?f=72
Poi

PhilZilla
Baby Muppet

Postby PhilZilla » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:07 pm

Alright Dudes

In Phil.. A serious addict to Warhammer and 40K. Been collecting for years but i don't play that much and i've decided i need to be pro-active in finding like-minded individuals. Do you guys still meet on Tuesdays? I'm very interested in coming down for a few hours and meeting some of you, my wife will be more forgiving me going out wargaming rather than clubbing :)

The armies i have scattered in bits are : 40k - Nidz - Darkangels, Tau, a fledgling Grey knight and tiny Blood Angels. Warhammer - Highelves

daniel_cave00

Postby daniel_cave00 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:45 am

Phil

We do indeed still meet on Tuesdays, the contact details on our main website is all up to date in terms of location (I havent looked at it recently in terms of who it says runs the thing - used to be me). Best bet is to come down about 5 minutes past 7 and look for someone in a Navy blue T Shirt with the word Committee on it. If that fails ask the nearest person to be pointed in the direction of Roger or Paul.

If that fails just stop a random and just ask some questions, generally look a bit lost and confused and you will attract a committee member within a few minutes.

See you down there.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

Return to “No toys allowed”