Star Wars armada league

Let's talk about toy soldiers
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other.
LasombraUK
Baby Muppet

Star Wars armada league

Post by LasombraUK » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:11 am

Star Wars Armada League update - now sponsored by Ibuywargames!
I am doing this, I have sort of been waiting for Wave 2 as I know several people were holding out for Wave 2 to buy in to the game. Since wave 2 is out tomorrow it's on!
I propose we start in January because December is horrible holiday time. It's going to be as simple as play everyone twice, unless we get more player than I am expecting in which case it may be once..be good to have it over in three months playing two games a month?
We will have prize support! The league is sponsored by ibuywargames in Woking, we have two summer prize kits to hand out, so everyone will get at least one tie fighter special art card, there are eight imperial dice bags to hand out and then for top spots, a couple of af2 special art cards and of course medals!
Dan B

LasombraUK
Baby Muppet

Re: Star Wars armada league

Post by LasombraUK » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:56 pm

Draft Rules - casual rules apply. Fly casual. Four hundred point fleets, usual fleet building rules apply. You are NOT obliged to use the same fleet for every game, or even the same faction.
Points awarded as per FFG tournament system - expecting an update for wave two shortly. Bonus points - a bonus point will be awarded for an after action report on forum or Facebook, including lists. These will only be used to break ties and to earn kudos ;)
Timeframe to be agreed based on player size, intention is to run no longer than three months, playing two games a month. All games need to be played within that timeframe, but play when you like.
Prize support - Miminum half your games need to be played to be awarded participation prizes. All prize material will be handed out as evenly as possible, with anything odd numbered or limited being handed to top,players at the end of the league.
All effort should be made to schedule games, if you can show that you have made effort to schedule a game and the other party has been unable to attend by end of league, you will be awarded a win as if a bye..else five five draw will be recorded

This is a draft. I haven't run anything like this before, so I am very open to feedback, better or different ideas etc..please shout up :)
Dan B

LasombraUK
Baby Muppet

Post by LasombraUK » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:58 pm

Dan Banks
Richard Elliot
Roger Ashton-Winter
Mitchell Cole
David Robotham
Martin Brimacombe
Dan B

LasombraUK
Baby Muppet

Post by LasombraUK » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:58 pm

Reserved for results
Dan B

poi
Chief Muppet

Post by poi » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:56 pm

When it comes to scheduling games, it's worth tagging the pairings for each round in a FB post. Nagging is required for some people (Not necessarily any of those named as signed up so far).
Poi

LasombraUK
Baby Muppet

Post by LasombraUK » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:46 pm

I'm hoping the fact that they don't get their toys if they don't play their games incentivise them ;)
Dan B

pgarfunkle
Grownup Muppet

Post by pgarfunkle » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:28 pm

How about bonus points for varying the lists to encourage some variety in lists. (Not mentioning any names but I heard that there was one muppet in particular who has taken the same list to the last 3 events because he's lazy and keeps putting off thinking about it until its too late.)

Could be difficult to decide how different a list has to be to be classed as bonus point different though.
I've got a bad feeling about this...

poi
Chief Muppet

Post by poi » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:12 pm

How about a swap lists round, so random opponent, use their list instead of your own?
Poi

LasombraUK
Baby Muppet

Post by LasombraUK » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:11 am

Number of games then..
If the numbers stay as they are, if we play everyone twice and play two games a month that is still five months which just sounds a bit long? I was hoping to be sort of three months tops. So do we go with everyone plays everyone once? Seems like a more reasonable time frame then, five weeks of games to play in three months?
Dan B

poi
Chief Muppet

Post by poi » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:16 pm

Bolt Action is tying players up for that long, but a shorter one might be better. Let's go round once and see where we are, we can always go around again if we're all still interested.
Poi

Return to “The games people play”