Looking for a Fantasy 8th ed opponent

Let's talk about toy soldiers
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other.
Ladril Caledor
Baby Muppet

Looking for a Fantasy 8th ed opponent

Post by Ladril Caledor » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:58 pm

Hey guys, I'm a gamer who grew up in Hampshire and just returned after a very long absence. I have a large High Elves army and I'm looking for some opponents who play 8th edition Warhammer fantasy. I consider myself a pretty good player but I like to play in a friendly spirit, not too competitive, no arguing over millimetres or forgotten phases, and you won't see me bring a Banner of the World Dragon against a Daemon army ;)

I know 8th ed is a bit old hat now but I'm not a big fan of the new Age of Sigmar stuff, I much prefer the old 8th rules. I'd certainly be open to playing 9th Age rules though (the beta was just released and looks promising).

I'm also a big fan of Wyrdwars, a version of Mordheim with all races represented and rules a bit closer to 8th than Mordheims 7th (full rules free at wyrdwars.com). I'd be up for a few games if anyone wants to give it a go, it's quite fast paced so you can play a few games in an evening and develop your warband.

poi
Chief Muppet

Re: Looking for a Fantasy 8th ed opponent

Post by poi » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:18 pm

Welcome. We have a few fantasy players, not sure if they still play 8th. Your best bet for finding a game is to get over to our Facebook group, which is much more active than here.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/thesadmuppetsociety
Poi

Ladril Caledor
Baby Muppet

Re: Looking for a Fantasy 8th ed opponent

Post by Ladril Caledor » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:34 pm

Cheers poi I'll check it out

Return to “The games people play”