Dreadball

Let's talk about toy soldiers
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other.
Chilledenuff

Dreadball

Post by Chilledenuff » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:42 am

Before anyone screams blood bowl at me, please read this article....

http://quirkworthy.com/2012/08/27/dread ... -the-room/

Read that? Good. The club has a copy of Dreadball kindly supplied by Mantic Games. the chief muppet (aka Poi) has kindly said I can assemble and paint said game. I'm hoping to have this done within a month and was wondering if anyone else is interested in trying it.

So anyone wanting to try out a futuristic sci-fi basketball/ice hockey type game then let me know :)
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

stu
Ancient Muppet

Re: Dreadball

Post by stu » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:14 am

I would be up for a game sometime.

Psiclops
Ancient Muppet

Post by Psiclops » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:57 am

:angry-screaming: BLOODBOWL :angry-screaming:

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:15 pm

Psiclops wrote::angry-screaming: BLOODBOWL :angry-screaming:
:lol: :shhh:

Blood bowl is an amazing game. I would never, never try to replace it. However I like a breadth of games as well as depth. I shall play blood bowl for many, many years however I will always happily try another game that is completely (apparently) different. :D

This is why I have shelves and shelves of games. All of which I enjoy. The ones I don't have gone. You never know James, you might try it and like it. Join us on the dark side. It's fun and has pies :mrgreen:

Psiclops
Ancient Muppet

Post by Psiclops » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:24 pm

You didn't say not to Scream Bloodbowl at you - just that you had to read the article first !

Once I had, I felt obliged to scream Bloodbowl at you anyway.

Rab
Ancient Muppet

Post by Rab » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:07 pm

I would be up for a game, I have been wanting to try a decent miniature based sport game for ages.

I will only play if someone promises to shout 'Ice Cream..Ice Cream' when someone gets injured though.

Rab.

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:37 am

Spoke to a few people about this yesterday at colours. Everyone said it was fast and fun. Nick Jenkins also elaborated on the way the game doesn't reset between scores, meaning that if your whole team has scooted upfield to score then you're left wide open to the opponent

VerBoten
Grownup Muppet

Post by VerBoten » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:32 am

Chilledenuff wrote:Spoke to a few people about this yesterday at colours. Everyone said it was fast and fun. Nick Jenkin also elaborated on the way the game doesn't reset between scores, meaning that if your whole team has scooted upfield to score then you're left wide open to the opponent
Hey Les - thx for helping me spend all my money by the way; you're a gent and a scholar!

Anyway; I can heartily recommend Dreadball to the masses. It's very fast, you only get 7 turns each and scoring is a choice between going for the high points but difficult shots to the easier but lower points shots. Cheating is encouraged. Violence is most definately part of the game especially with the Orx.

Scoring is worked out on the difference between your points and your opponents and not an accumulation of points. So if I've scored a 3 pointer and then you score a 2 pointer the score counter will show 1 to me. You either win by being the first to reach a difference of 7 between your scores or the turns (called rushes) end.

And the aforementioned no reset of the board when points are scored adds a depth to the game that I hadn't even considered when we first started playing. We've just started a league and right now my Orx (Bruisier Dorxmund) have a 100% winning streak. OK so we've only played 1 game but we did beat the Locusts so that's good right? I can confirm that the teams from the different seasons also work well together although there are some issues with the Judwan team - but on the plus side the developers work with the players to change things which is always nice to see.

Make sure you paint up the referee as well once you've played a couple of test games and use the cards.

Easy to learn, difficult to master. We like those kinds of game. I'd love to run a demo game for you but unfortunately Tuesdays are bad!

Nick
Now it is time to consider the Aardvark

Iain_F
Grownup Muppet

Post by Iain_F » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:11 pm

I'd be up for trying this out as well. If you hadn't already noticed I'm throwing myself at most games and seeing what sticks :) Annoyingly for me, so far everything

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:14 pm

Ill have it painted soon(ish)