New Lizardmen -Thoughts?

Let's talk about toy soldiers
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other.
Latedave
Ancient Muppet

New Lizardmen -Thoughts?

Post by Latedave » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:03 am

So the books on order. I'll try and get some games in if work ever let me escape at a decent hour. Anyone played with/ against them yet? Any thoughts,

David

Rab
Ancient Muppet

Re: New Lizardmen -Thoughts?

Post by Rab » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:28 pm

Not played against them yet, but I have a game against Richard ( pgarfunkel ) on Tuesday which should be fun. I pick up the book tomorrow, so I look forward to seeing if the internet nerd rage about the Slaan being nerfed to uselessness is in fact true ( I suspect not ). I hear skinks now have scaly skin..which is nice, because those skirmishing poison skinks really needed improving!

Rab.

Rathstar
Baby Muppet

Post by Rathstar » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:18 pm

The slann has been reduced in power (and he needed it, I played with a cheap version with +1 spell, and +1 power dice per spell for 290 pts and was very very effective). Now he's 300 pts, and has a few nice buffs which are reasonable priced. So nowhere near as powerful as he was before, but you'll still seem one in most lists because the carnosaur is too fragile (T5, 4+ save).

Skinks lost a point of leadership and are the same points as before, so the skink cloud is fragile outside the general's leadership bubble. You may see the BSB being a scar vet rather than a slann to have 2 bubbles to help the skinks make their leadership tests.

So with the slann bought down in power a lot, a skinks reduced a bit, salamaders can't march and fire, while some slight boosts to other units (temple guard down to 14 pts, cold ones have 2 attacks, krox being str5/7) overall the army has been bought down in power level to match the recent 8th edition books (ignoring choas warriors which is a top top tier book).

I doubt the basic build will change much, you may see the occassionly new monster, but the overall common build will not change that much, maybe an extra block unit of saurus/temple guard than before, and saurus cav may be used as a flanking unit.

Rathstar

Psiclops
Ancient Muppet

Post by Psiclops » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:57 am

Is Rathstar another WHFB player that I don't know about at Muppets ? You seem to know your stuff anyway !

Latedave
Ancient Muppet

Post by Latedave » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Cool, well in a couple of weeks the new place should be sorted so might be able to get some games in at mine,

Dave

effigy22
Ancient Muppet

Post by effigy22 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:09 pm

WOOT! MORE FANTASY PLAYERS!!!

Return to “The games people play”