Let's talk about toy soldiers
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other.
Darkson
Grownup Muppet

ARBBL Pick'n'Mix Team Event, Andover, 23rd/24th November

Post by Darkson » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:25 pm

Blood Bowl tournament.

As per the discussion here, this will be a 3-coach team event, with coaches having different races on day 1 and day 2

Final rule pack posted to our tournament page: http://arbbl.webs.com/arbbltourny.htm

For those that have been to the ARBBL Open, note it will NOT be in the same location, as we're using a different hall for this.

Event will be NAF ranked, and will be submitted to NAF as soon as I finish the above.

Initially will be limited to 16 teams (48 players), but there is the possibility that we can get another 4 teams in if needed (though will probably need to borrow some tables from somewhere).

All teams need to nominate a captain, who will be responsible for payment for the team, and for submitting rosters to me in advance (date to be confirmed).

Prizes to be confirmed, but will definitely have #1 team, #1 individual coach, and if I can work it out, #1 Stunty player.

Finally, I'm happy to book teams as soon as they're ready, but should the even become over-subscribed, I'll have to go on a paid-for system (cost per coach £12 NAF, £15 non-NAF).
Formerly known as Darkson Muppet
Home of the ARBBL

Darkson
Grownup Muppet

Re: ARBBL Pick'n'Mix Team Event, Andover, 23rd/24th November

Post by Darkson » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:57 am

Hello again.

Just a quick note - I know a couple on here said they're interested in getting a Sad Muppet team together for this event. We're now up to 19 teams, and only have room for one more team, with a London league thinking of getting a 2nd team in, so if the Muppets want a spot, they need to get in quick.
Home of the ARBBL

riddles
Ancient Muppet

Post by riddles » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:42 am

i can't make this, but i'd highly recommend it to anyone interested. There may be an event in September that would allow you to prepare...

ianw
Ancient Muppet

Post by ianw » Mon May 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Any more interest in going to this? I'd like to, but it's a team event, so 2 more muppets would need to go with me.

Just a heads up on the team selection rules, in case you haven't checked them out.

You pick two teams to bring, playing games with your first team on day 1 and with your second on day 2.

You have to spend a minimum of 5 Tier points on your two teams (i.e. your teams can be from tier 1+4, or from 2+3):

Tier 1 (1 point):
Amazons
Chaos Dwarf
Dark Elf
Dwarf
Lizardman
Necromantic
Norse
Orc
Skaven
Undead
Wood Elf

Tier 2 (2 points):
Chaos
Chaos Pact
High Elf
Humans
Elf
Slann

Tier 3 (3 points):
Khemri
Nurgle’s Rotters
Stunty Cup-legal Lizardman
Underworld
Vampire

Tier 4 (4 points):
Goblin
Halfling
Ogre
Stunty Cup-legal Underworld

I'm quite into the Chaos + Underworld combo, or maybe Elf + Khemri. It's a tough but really interesting choice to make.

If anyone other BB coaches want to initiate Team Muppet for this tournament, give me a shout.

Darkson
Grownup Muppet

Post by Darkson » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:41 pm

Just to say that after some software issues, this is now back up to a 20-team event, and there are currently 2 spots open, so if you want to get a team together, now's the time.
Home of the ARBBL

Darkson
Grownup Muppet

Post by Darkson » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:09 pm

Had a couple of teams drop out, so there's still space.

Ianw - if you can't get a team together, but are still interested, let me know and I'll put a post on TalkFantasyFootball to see if there are any other "odd" players that could join up as a team.
Home of the ARBBL

Darkson
Grownup Muppet

Post by Darkson » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Currently have space for 7 teams, on a first come first served basis.
Ideally I'd like at least one more team, just to make the round scheduling easier! :oops:
Home of the ARBBL

Darkson
Grownup Muppet

Post by Darkson » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:08 am

Url change to our tournament page: http://arbbl.webs.com/arbbl-tournament
Home of the ARBBL

Darkson
Grownup Muppet

Post by Darkson » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:55 am

RULE CHANGE - NOT IN RULE PACK

After many questions, and realising I might not get time to check completely, please ignore the restrictions on Stars for Stunty Cup teams. All teams may take 0-1 Stars from their respective lists.
Home of the ARBBL

Darkson
Grownup Muppet

Post by Darkson » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm a f&$^ing muppet! I knew something had been bugging me about having an odd number of teams, but it's taken me till today to finally see the problem. With an odd number, I'll be mixing the bottom 3 teams each round by hand, but that leaves me with a spare player.

Obviously, it's not fair to make someone miss a game each round, so I'll play if need be.

So this is a shout out - if there's anyone without a team that would like to play as the "spare" player, please get in touch ASAP. Obviously, you won't be able to win the team award( :wink: ), but I can make sure the draw if fair based on results, so you will be in contention for the normal individual awards (single winner, most TDs etc).
So if you know anyone who's available, give them a nudge - spot is open on a first come, first served basis (unless I get 3 people interested, in which case they can make a team!).
Home of the ARBBL

Return to “The games people play”