Triumph & Treachery

Want a game? Post here to find an opponent. Once you've got one, don't forget to book a table here http://sadmuppets.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=72
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
Rab
Ancient Muppet

Triumph & Treachery

Post by Rab » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Dave BE and I were chatting last night about the possibility of setting up another large multiplayer game of fantasy. ( We didn't manage to arrange one last year much to the shame of the fantasy players ).

In the past we have had 2-3 players per side, and 12,000 pts a side sort of games. These can obviously take a while to complete, and kind of falls apart if one player has to pull out for one reason or another.

The other option would be to set up a large game of Triumph & Treachery, which is GWs new multiplayer expansion. I believe it supports anything from 3 to 5 players. The game has got great reviews on all the major WFB podcasts ( Heelenhammer, Bad Dice, Garagehammer ) and I think it could be a fun afternoon or evening. I have ordered a copy to add to my collection anyway.

Essentially the game allows for temporary alliances, back stabbing and with random turn order and the ability to play 'triumph and treachery' cards even when it isn't your turn keeps everyone involved. The rules also supports a mercenary system, so you can bring other toys. ( These mercenaries can be bribed by other players though! ). I would suggest we allow scrolls of binding etc so you can also bring your monsters using Storm of Magic pacts and the new formation and battle scroll releases.

Now, given everyone has busy lives, and from experience these things can take a while to arrange I would suggest that we shoot for a day in April or May.

I think either myself or Dave BE would be willing to host.

Thoughts?

Rab.

Latedave
Ancient Muppet

Re: Triumph & Treachery

Post by Latedave » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:56 pm

I am of course in, I have also taken the liberty of taking Mr Pgarfunkle as well who has indicated he is very keen indeed for the opportunity for some skinks to be handed out a light roasted snack to the forces of evil,

David

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:40 am

Backstabbing? Excellent. If I can muster an army I'll be in
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

Latedave
Ancient Muppet

Post by Latedave » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:15 am

Les,

Alternatively if you can't you can borrow my Bret's who are about 3000 pts and maybe a few scrolls of binding for monsters, however they are unpainted!:(

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:43 am

I can feild a huge O&G army still, it'll just be unpainted :)
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

Psiclops
Ancient Muppet

Post by Psiclops » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:11 pm

I'm going to be suprised if the T&T rules are any good (I would love to be suprised !). Making multi-side games of any kind work is really tough. I'd be up for it, although I can't make any guarantees on that time frame (as it's likely to be just after involuntarily moving). Having it so that it doesn't matter if 3 or 5 turn up should make it easier to arrange though, and easier for me to say yes knowing that if I can't then it won't stop it !

pgarfunkle
Grownup Muppet

Post by pgarfunkle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:36 pm

Yep a big game whether normal rules, storm of magic or t&t sounds good to me, other than the 1st weekend of April any date in April and May work for me at the moment.
I've got a bad feeling about this...

Latedave
Ancient Muppet

Post by Latedave » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:12 am

Well after Rab and I's 16,000 pt game I'm definitely keen for this now, what to take I wonder...:)

effigy22
Ancient Muppet

Post by effigy22 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:29 am

Im in - i just need notice (preferably a couple of weeks) of when the game will take place. Be nice to try and field 2 greater daemons again (and hopefully not them suck BAWLS).

Latedave
Ancient Muppet

Post by Latedave » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:01 am

*Bump* any thoughts on when might be a good date for people?

Return to “Finding a game”